Thursday, September 13, 2012

Angham's "Hekaya Mohamadia" Album Is Really Magnificant


In the fall of 2010, during the month of Ramadan Angham released an all Islamic songs album (hekaya-mohamadia), where she told tales of the early Muslim ladies of Islam, the wives and the daughters of the prophet. It was a VERY clever idea that few have though of. Angham is a strong female personality and thus she was worthy of adding her voice to those stories. The album sold well, but it was never about the money.

Needless to say, when I play those tracks, Roa would tell me she doe snot like Angham's voice, she did not feel it, but I did. So I would have to listen to my favorite Ramadan album on my own. I thought the stories she told are important factual tales form the Islamic history. Thus young girls need to hear such stories and learn form them.

The lyrics are written by Nabil Khalaf, a gifted composers who made other religious themes albums that rocked the boat--I am speaking of his collaboration with Wael Jassar. Back to Angham, she really connected all the dots and rose to a new level with this sobering album

This album is a much better representation of positive chapters from the Muslim history. Chances are those are burning down embassies will be the same one condemning Angham for singing because she is a female.

 أسماء بنت أبي بكر رضي الله عنها بصوت أنغام


فيديو أغنية: أم أيمن - الحكاية محمدية - أنغام

0 comments:

Post a Comment