Wednesday, May 11, 2011

When The Legends Meet



Abdel Halim Hafiz and Farid Al Atrash had a great run, those were the two dudes that appealed to two different generations, the hip and trendy went with Abdel Halim, the original and appreciators of hard core Arabic music went with Farid Al Atrach. Both made movies and both had a solid fan base all over the Arab world.

There was a point of time when those two artists were rival and of course the gossips had a big deal to do with it, but one of them is older and more seasoned than the other, but they both had big hits in their career.

I was never a big fan of Farid Al Trach, his style is a lot more intense than I like, his voice just doe snot agree with me, but that takes none of his accomplishment, just ask my uncle who loves his voice and music and listened to no one but to Fareed.

Abdel Halim is another thing, I can relate to his music and style, sure he was a bit of a lady's man, it's hard not to when you are this good and this popular. Maybe becasue of his tragic death and short life, he is much more celebrated in my generation.

Watch this very charismatic interview that shows an interesting side of both artists, I actually felt really good watching them, I saw a different side of them and now realize that the past was not much different than the present. Look at the fued between Amr Diab and Tamer Hosny. For a second there, Abdel Halim Hafez seems nice but for a moment there, I thought he sounds like if Farid Al Atrach is already dead.


عبدالحليم حافظ و فريد الاطرش في لقاء مشترك - نادر - كامل 2-

0 comments:

Post a Comment