Friday, June 24, 2011

Sofia El Marikh & Jermaine Jackson Arabic Duet



When Sofia El Marikh sings in Arabic, she sounds like those French style singers, so it makes sense why she would want to break out of the Arab world and do a duet with Jermaine Jackson, the brother of Michael Jackson and member of the Jackson's Band. Those two talents met in Morocco studio to work on this track.

I must tell you, when I heard about this song, I did not know where it was coming from, those two singers do not seem to be the kind that crosses paths. The back story of how those tow singers met, might be more interesting than the song itself. The work on the song took some time to make the Western melodies meet with the Arabic one. You can hear some of the conversation in the song and see the cues.

Barry White had to do a lot of work in terms of the lyrics and the composition. Here is the song "My First, My Last, My Everything"

Sofia El Marikh & Jermaine Jackson - My First, My Last, My Everything

1 comments:

  1. please what is arabic test "My First, My Last, My Everything" Sofia El Marikh Jackson. Schukran
    Zinu

    ReplyDelete