Sunday, August 14, 2011

If You Know This Song, You are Older Than 25



I am willing to play a game, Diana Hadad, the Lebanese singer from the 90s who once was the pop girl of her era, until she settled in the UAE for family and for music that stole her form her fans. While Dianna song sin the local dialect of the Gulf was a good move for residents of those countries, it was overall a bad decision.

Diana is meant to sing Lebanese songs, all her three albums that were smashing success, were in her native dialect. But then when she took on songs in other tongues, it worked for a while, until it stopped working. Now, that Diana has been divorced and her career is not going well.

Yes, she still has the name recognition and fame, but all that is attributed to what she has done in the past not anything she has done recently. This song of hers has touched a nerve with me when I was in my formative years, I can never let go of it.



Diana Haddad -Ahel al eshek

0 comments:

Post a Comment