Saturday, January 1, 2011

When it Comes to Females, PeleBoY Doesn't Discriminate



Every now and then we like to talk about new rappers who are stirring the pot by bring something new (sometimes controversial) to life. This time we will have a look at Detroit rapper PeleBoY who has just released his much debated music video to the song "I Aint Racist", off of his new album "The Games Missing Element". Don't let the title fool you. For some, the song shows a funny but interesting side of him that many people aren't used to seeing but can definitely relate to. Its his way of showing love not only to beautiful women, but to all types of women all around the globe. PeleBoY sticks to the basis of rap, lots of women doing all sort of sexy, naughty and dirty things. But on another note, in the age of Tea party and xenophobia all around, it's good to see this title and this fresh song.

On coming up with the song "I Aint Racist" PeleBoY says, " It was just a few years ago when I was walking down the street in California not only noticing the beautiful women everywhere, but seeing all the different people from different ethinicities. It made me think of all the different people I've been around my whole life. I've always been able to fit in everywhere whether it was Whites, Blacks, Arabs, Asians, Latinos, etc. The idea sparked in my head, and although I set it aside for a little, it was still in my head, and I had to do it. I wanted to make a song not only with different ethnicities but different languages spoken on it. The beat is provided courtesy of PeleBoY homie ToNe "we wrote about him here" to make me a beat based on my idea. Once I heard the beat it was a done deal. I listened to the beat and put my idea on a peace of paper, which turned it into a recording, and later turned into a motion picture." Sure there are a number of stereotypical characters, like Arab belly dancers and party crazy Latinas. But in his small way, PeleBoY pays homage to America being the land where not only such relationships are sanctioned, but also such relationships can also thrive.


But that's not the entire story, PeleBoY was raised in a respected and known family in Detroit. With all his family coming from Iraq and Italy, an interesting hybrid of conservative yet deep-rooted in history cultures. Although "I Aint Racist" is different than most of his songs, and shows a more funny interesting side of him, he represents the struggles and life of his family and his people. He represents the ways his people took in coming to this country and building a strong base running much of Michigan, in a Mafioso type way. Rapping since the age of 15, PeleBoY has created quite a buzz working with artists such as Swifty McVay, Royce Da 5'9" and also opened up for Kevin Lyttle, Genuine. Detroit might be in a lot of trouble on many front right now, but it still serves as a strong home for music of all genres.


For more information on PeleBoY visit:
Myspace
YouTube
Twitter



PELEBOY - I AIN'T RACIST

0 comments:

Post a Comment