Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Rabih El Asmar Knows Drama



Two years ago, my nephew who is at high school bring my a song by Rabih El Asmar and the moment I gave it a listen, I knew this guy is special. His voice and the way he delivered his songs with hints of sadness and broken heart. He sings like a man whose heard has been crushed and left for dead. Rabih had a bad luck with music production companies as he seems to be overlooked for other stars, so he seems to do well when he porduces his own music. Like he did with his Ahel Al Hara Song.

I got to hear an interview with Rabih where he said something interesting, "I was having concerts for Arabs in Europe before anyone cared for me in Arabia" So in his own words, the star made it big with the Arabs living away form home than the Arabs living at home. Then he started to become a household name in Arabia...I am not surprised by this, I think Arabs living away from home tend to like sad songs about their past loves and the girl next door that they were unable to marry at one point.

This is the style is Rabiah El Asmar knows too well, his voice is made for that kind of tragic emotional past of a troubled expat nostalgic for home. Watch this Saga music video and learn how to offer a dramatic emotional saga in less than 4 minutes. The story is about from rags to riches and how people change. The music video and the characters combined with the voice of the singer are nothing short of perfect.


Rabih El Asmar - Bent El Akaber / ربيع الأسمر - بنت الأكابر


0 comments:

Post a Comment