Friday, January 21, 2011

Whatever Happend to My Diana Haddad?


Whenever I think Diana Haddad is done and her time has passed, I find myself hoping that I could be wrong. As someone who grew up listening to her music, someone who understood the words she sang, and the emotions she communicated, I have not been able to find anything of her work in the past five years. Whatever happen to My Diana Haddad?

She used to be cool, focused and she rocking songs in Egyptians and Lebanese, she was a star that had me and others wait for her music videos becasue she was the it girl. The stories she used in her songs do not lie, she seems to have lost her way and forget what we liked her. Frankly the last great romantic song by her was Gar7 Al Habeeb, and last cool pop song was Mas We loly but that was more than five years ago and between her personal life and going all Gulf dialect on us, scores of talented and hard working singers, the Arab world wide fan base she used to rule has vanished.

I am willing to say if Diana Haddad does not give us the fans something exciting this year, she will be long gone....I will no longer call her my all time favorite female singer. Diana, listen to your old songs and go to the studio and record some new music, you do not need to do much beyond that. Feel your lyrics please. You gave us Ahel Al Eshiq for crying out loud, you followed by Ammani, all the dudes were singing it loud.

Diana Hadad Imshy Wara Kidbhom



ديانا حداد اهل العشق Diana Hadad Ahel Al 'Eishiq


0 comments:

Post a Comment