Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Poets We Love: Remi Kenazi



Remi Kenazi is a poet, writer, and activist based in New York City. He is the editor of Poets For Palestine (Al Jisser Group, 2008). His political commentary has been featured by news outlets throughout the world, including Al Jazeera English, GRITtv with Laura Flanders, and BBC Radio. His poetry has taken him across North America, the UK, and the Middle East, and he recently appeared in the Palestine Festival of Literature as well as Poetry International. He is a recurring writer in residence and advisory board member for the Palestine Writing Workshop.

I actually saw Remi in Virginia two years ago performing in a Gaza benefit fundraiser. As always he delivered one emotional charged poem that was both timely and beautiful.

Remi Kenzi on Facebook here is how Remi sees himself: I am a poet and writer based in Brooklyn. I'm the editor of Poets for Palestine. I'm also a recurring writer in residence for the Palestine Writing Workshop. I...'ve toured across the US as a poet and I'm finishing up my first book and cd of poetry, due out in the fall. To find out more visit www.PoetsForPalestine.com. You can also check it out on Amazon.com.

Remi Kanazi performs at the University of Chicago SJP's Justice Cafe


0 comments:

Post a Comment