Monday, March 7, 2011

Want Something Fresh? Here is Tarek Geddawy



Tarek Geddawy sure sounds like a winner and that is the message one gets from his song about the Egyptian Revolution. His voice is not your average pop singer, he sounds like real man walking down the street. He does not try to make his voice sound cute or something else it's not.

That;s why I was in love with his Haqy Fi Eidaya, "by my own hands" It sure sounds like a song filmed in action, I love the fact that he is running around with a sing and taking part of some events around town. I really think the director or the person behind the idea is someone truly creative. We are sick of the slide shows, here we have something new and really entertaining too. Gosh, he just mentioned tear gas in his eye.

Tarek crafts those fine lines and deliver some of the most real and most powerful words has been written about the stand off with the government and its people. I like the zoom in/ out affect, incorporating some footage helps too, but the fact that you can see the artists in action is quite fresh...and I with that I welcome democracy. And I too, won't sacrifice freedom and justice for some false sense of security.

Tarek Geddawy - Haqy Fi Eeidaya / طارق جداوي - حقي في إيديا

0 comments:

Post a Comment