Monday, March 7, 2011

It Sounds Like Rock, but that's OK



When a pop singer makes a songs that sounds like a rock song, you know you are up to a good start. Eslam is an all pop voice that came to the bit pan Arab scene about two years ago. I thought his debut album was good and I enjoyed it.

Now Eslam just released his music video for the Egypt revolution and although it was a bit late, it seemed the young singer has seen enough in the post Mubarak era to get an inspiration. Elsam takes a different route, he does not say he was there at Tahrir when he wasn't like dozens of singers. I wasn't there.

At least he was honest, he did not make a song saying he was the man who brought down Mubarak, he said, I wished I have gone to Tahrir, I wish I have stood net to the protesters. Unlike dozens of other Egyptian singers who were missing in action and only made the news once Mubarak was out...they came to party.



Eslam - 25 January / إسلام - ٢٥ يناير

0 comments:

Post a Comment