Friday, July 1, 2011

Best Dina Hayek Duet Is Also Her Finest Song



Go back about five years ago and you would have met the best version of Lebanses singer Dina Hayek. She was meant to be the next big thing ever since she released her well made music video Seher El Garaham "The enchantment of Love", I know that was the music video for that year, it was dark but it was romantic.

Then the hits from Dina's camp kept on coming and we kept enjoying her songs. Something happened and she wanted to be everywhere, but the lyrics and the music of her songs did not live to the earlier promise. Her voice has always been there, great. But it needs the material to make it shine.

I think her best songs are the sad ones, where her emotions shots up to your mind and hear. She is better suited for those breakup songs. Happy songs, I do not think serve her too well. Her Lebanese dialect and style bring the best in her. I do not think leaving her comfort zone for Gulf dialect was a smart decision.

I think I am not writing her off as of yet, I think she still has the talent, the materiel better keep up with her. Next move is doing a theme song for a Syrian TV show, I must say I LOVE what I saw so far.


دينا الحايك-ليه حنضيع

0 comments:

Post a Comment