Thursday, February 17, 2011

Khalid Al Sawy is My Hero




Khalid Al Sawy is man who had the courage to stand against the Mubarak regime. He is an influencer who did all he could to unseat Mubarak. Not only did he criticize the dictator. He lead protests and shouted against the regime. He supported the Tahrir square protesters and had a presence there since day one. But that is not enough...Khalid had the guts to ask his follow actors/actresses in the Egypt's actors union to stand in soldiery with the people of the Tahrir Square and their just demands. The protest took place on the 27th of January. By doing this he went over the head of the pro Mubarak union leader--who later resigned.

Not a day passed by in those 19 days of the Egyptian revolution passes by without reading something about Khalid being in the front lines and leading a protest here and there. He has nothing but respect from all the protesters and most of his colleagues. Khalid has a vision to see that things will change, he took a risk and stood by his guns.

But it's not over yet. Early this week, in an interview the actor shamed other actors who would not support the revolution, and now they are coming out to celebrate. "Those who used to stay at the feet of Mubarak need to go to where he lives now and practice their favorite hobby". "I am a lefty" Khalid said, "and I am all about the fair elections" My favorite quote from his interview with MBC is this, "My interests told me to stay home, my principles told me to protest", "I was biased to my principles" The actor has not ruled out playing the role of Mubarak on film if ever was offered to him.

فيديو كلمه الفنان خالد الصاوى بعد التنحى العظيم للرئيس حسنى مبارك Khalid Al Sawy Phone Call

0 comments:

Post a Comment