Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Marcel Khalifah Gives Bahrain the Middle Finger!



Marcel Khalifah just proofed he is the manliest Arab entertainer by turning down an the government of Bahrain invitation to take part of the spring music festival. Not only did he turn them down, he actually told them what he is not coming and gave them a lesson in freedom, justice and human rights.

He sent back a signed statement with some bold langauge, that he is deeply bothered by the oppression and the opening of fire at the peaceful protesters. In a gutsy statement, "I feel every bullet you fire at them, and every time you break a bone in a child's body, I feel it like it in my body." read the statement. I chose to be in the camp asking for freedom and democracy and non-violence. The statement read further, I do not take this stand base on my nationality and believe, I take it becasue I am a human before anything else.


Marcel Khalifah added his voice to the millions of Arab people asking for change and protesting their regimes. I sing to those Marcel Khalifah said, they made me feel like we can accomplish the impossible. The organizers in Bahrain really did a de-service to themselves by one having a concert during this troubling time. Two giving a forum to this fiery artist who says it as it's as he has been doing for decades.

Well done Marcel Khalifah

0 comments:

Post a Comment