Sunday, February 27, 2011

Soundtrack Treasures From Arabic Cinema



One of the best ideas Arabic cinemas had is marketing a movie though a song. This is not similar to marketing a song in the movie on TV in order to get people to go see a film. This has been done in the past since cinemas were first made available. I am speaking here about commissioning an artist to do a soundtrack song for a movie to help market the movie.

This is a first time song, they do this in America, some movies ask musicians to write music for a movie. But what I am talking about here is using a fresh song a first time release and putting those words into some footage from the movie and passing this as a stand alone music video where toward the end they say, this is form so and so movie.

I am impressed by this idea and it often helped me get a feel form what the movie is about. I chose two songs here form too different movies that I thought were special. One is from a 2008 movie and another form a 2007 movie. They are both wonderful songs that speak of different topics. The first is about best friends who grow up together and the second about a man who is bi-polar. Both come from movies I have seen and enjoyed a lot.

Te first song is by new comer Egyptian Soma who performed the performance of her life and the second by the mighty Egyptian Sherine. Let me know if there are any other recent songs from soundtrack that you think are special. Enjoy

سومة - اجدع صحاب / Soma - Agda3 Sohab

شيرين - المراية / Shirine - Elmeraya

0 comments:

Post a Comment