Thursday, July 7, 2011

Meet Ousso, Egypt's Hippest Guitarist




Meet Ousso, to become Egypt's Hippest Guitarist, the one most big names go to to make their songs stand in the crowd is not easy. But it seems Ousso have found the perfect balance to be the bridge in between Western Guitar and Eastern melodies. He also bridges the gab between pop music and indie music as he does both without having to alienate any of his followers.


OUSSO is a guitarist (lead guitar: electric, acoustic classical and folk) in some bands like "na3'am masry" & "music matbakh". He played for "eftekasat" ... but he left it. His real name is Mohamed Ahmed Lotfy but goes by Ousso.

In an interview with him via his fans page on Facebook, you can elanr few things about this talented Egyptian guitarist:

Tell us about the last gig you played
Last gig was nice...I played with my new custom guitar that I've been waiting for a year. It was very interesting cuz I was improvising on a new guitar which had new ideas and feelings.

Tell us what music means to you
Music means to me...eternal life, freedom, the extreme expression. I'll die without music. Music kills the barriers and lifts the soul to a very very high degree

Tell us about the last album you listened to
The last album was with Eftekasat and I enjoyed recording it and mixing it. It sums up the past 3 years work..and it's a push to move on and work on the second..it was a big success in Egypt.

Which musician do you most admire and why?
I listen to Herbie Hancock and Pat Metheny and I admire Herbie the most...he's a master amd he took music to a different new place..his substitutions and voicings are magica!

Ousso at Tarek Madkour's Studio

Ousso's Guitar Clinic

0 comments:

Post a Comment