Friday, March 23, 2012

I am Excited About Karawya' Album! You Should Be Too



A girl wants to rock, and no one should stop her or tell her how to do it. Fayrouz Karwaya has been rocking the scene of indie music of Egypt for few years. But debut album is about a girl wants to break free and free herself from the shackle of relationship and male dominated society.

I love her take on men, in a traditional conservative Egyptian society. This album says what needed to be said a long time ago. Fayrouz took it to another level and stuck it to the controlling men. I adore the lyrics and I appreciate the female empowerment lines...I will no longer reject my body when you see it fat. I am sick of the smell of your tobacco goes the song.

Fayrouz Karawya - Barra Menny فَيْرُوز كَرَاوية - برّة منّي

0 comments:

Post a Comment