Friday, March 23, 2012

Ayman Rateb Is The Reason Egyptian Pop Sucks



I once read a survey that said, most Americans hate Egyptian pop, and now I have finally learned why! Songs and music like of new comer Ayman Rated are to blame for this unfortunate bad PR.

Here's what they hate it, it really does sound like you are stuck in a horrible traffic jam. And no one likes that, it just evokes too many painful memories. If you understand, then fine, but if you do not, then play the music video below and tell me it does not sound like a traffic jam.

Not only does the song and its beat are uninspiring, it's also unoriginal as I feel I have heard this song ten years ago form Egyptian pop singer Hakeem. I think Ayman Rateb might be a cool guy to hang out with if you are drunk or stoned, but if you wanted good music, do not let him anywhere near a mic.

Ayman Rateb - Nawy Ahayarak / أيمن راتب - ناوي أحيرك

1 comments:

  1. Hakeem? I'll go back even farther and say it reminds me of "Arabawy."

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZV14trOuf8

    ReplyDelete