Wednesday, January 28, 2015

We Will Always Have The Late Greek singer Demis Roussos's Arabic Song


To me this was a mystery song that I fell in love with, without knowing who is behind it. The song came in the early 2000 and it was on every CD and in every car and on every playlist on those primal MP3 players.

I could not find any info on the artists behind the song, I only new it was called Far Away. But I just learned it has the voice of the now late Greek singer Demis Roussos. Hasna from Morocco is the female voice and boy did they make a hit song?

Demis Roussos, a Greek singer whose often high-pitched pop serenades won him household recognition in the 1970s and 1980s across Europe and beyond and who sold more than 60 million records, died Jan. 25 at a hospital in Athens. He was 68. The hospital said the singer died following a lengthy hospitalization, but did not give a cause of death.
Hasna has not spoken or performed much lately but she did have a good run up to 2005. I am certain she is proud of this collaboration. I do not know how it came about, but it was like a fireworks. See this music video for the song where I imagine, you do not see neither artists.  

Demis Roussos ft Hasna - FarAway

0 comments:

Post a Comment