Saturday, January 15, 2011

Macy Gray, to Tel Aviv Don't Go!

Macy Gray, the American R&B and soul singer-songwritter, record producer, and actress, famed for her distinctive raspy voice. The lady with the golden voice has a dilemma as she states on her Facebook account

"Macy Gray, Official I'm booked for 2 shows in TelAviv. I'm getting alot of letters from activists urging/begging me to boycott by NOT performing in protest of Apartheid against the Palestinians. What the Israeli government is doing to the Palestinians is disgusting, but I wana go. I gotta lotta fans there I dont want to cancel on and I ..."

Has a lot of fans all over the world, now she is wondering weather to follow through with her concert in Tel Aviv! I say do not go, please! If it's about the money, go to Dubai instead. Not all Israelis are involved in violence, but art has to stand for something more, it bring people together, but not the ones who refuse to live together and refuse to do something about the bad apples amongst them.

Macy knows what's is like to be put in bad circumstances and beat the odds just to survive, Palestinians too are familiar with mantra. So what's it gonna be?

Please let the Macy Gray hear your voice by letting the starlet her know where you stand by commenting on her Facebook account. She needs to hear from you, I will be disappointed to see her go once you have engaged her. Send her this link


Macy Gray - I Try




0 comments:

Post a Comment