Friday, October 18, 2013

Listen: I Hate Him So Very Much, But His Music Rocks اغنية عمرو مصطفى - راحتى جنبك | جامدة | من الالبوم القادم



Amr Mostafa wrote some of the music for some of the most popular Arabic pop songs, he says some of the silliest things, he loves himself so very much and worse of it all, he thinks he is right all the time. I pretty much feel the opposite way about all of his political convictions, I like his music though.

He has a new single out and it's building up the buzz for his new album. It's soft song with lots of that lovely and soothing Spanish guitar....but the best part is how Amr Mostafa manipulates his voice to make the song super sweet.

The song is a clever choice for a guy who has done nothing but patriotic songs for the past two years and a half. He said some insane things, but this song is pretty timely. It has some wisdom people with a broken heart say to themselves to find comfort.

اغنية عمرو مصطفى - راحتى جنبك | جامدة | من الالبوم القادم

2 comments:

  1. For once, you're being kinder to Amr than I would be. I am willing to disregard the kooky political rants, and I don't even mind the occasional weakness of his singing voice, but I think this sounds too derivative of songs he's already written. I am huge fan of his first two solo albums and the work he's done with Amro Diab, Mohammed Hamaki,, Samira Said, etc., but this song just isn't up to his old standards. If we're being honest, I'd say the problem goes all the way back to the two tracks that weren't "El Kebeer Kebeer" on his 2009 mini album. I was really hoping that his break from aggressive pop hitmaking would have recharged his talent a little more than this, because he's too young to be running out of ideas already. It's not a good sign that this is his leadoff single, and now I'm having the awful thought that maybe the reason AM doesn't have any songwriting credits on AD's new album is because everything he brought in wasn't good enough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's say he's having a creative block due to the political distress in Egypt., don't wanna give up on his talent just yet.

    ReplyDelete