Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Kareem Salama Shines A Light In A City of Lights



In my earlier years, I lived in Utah where I learned of Country music and grew fond of it. In 2005, I think I leaned of an Arab country singer and then things got more interesting. I knew I liked the style and the music, but I thought county music is just like the country club certain people need not to apply.

But all that did nothing to intimidate Kareem Salama, the American country singer from Egyptian origins. I am sure every time he told people he wanted to be a country singer, their first reaction would be "WoW!" But with the choices he made I am sure Kareem have made a lot of people to change their minds about country music, about Kareem's identity and about America in general.

I have observed the songs Kareem records and release and the music videos he films, there seems to be something great about one the timing of the song and two the new side of Kareem we see with each song he makes available. One time he took on bullies, another he took on uninformed fools blinded with hate, He has also celebrated the "Arab Spring" at one time.

Now comes the latest music video "City Of Lights" that seems to me as beautiful attempt by Kareem to reconnect with his happy childhood when he was hanging out with his buddies. This is a feel good song where you can also dance to it. I think it would be a delight to be in a concert for Kareem Salama, I hope he can come near my neck of the woods.

Kareem Salama (feat. The WitWits) - City of Lights (Official Music Video)

0 comments:

Post a Comment