Friday, May 20, 2011

Hatem Fahmy, No More Faux Gay Look



I am not saying that singer Hatem Fahmy likes boys, I am saying that his choice of wardrobe and dance moves are better suited for a gay man. The gloves, the wife beater, the shaved muscles...etc. This once hip guy had a good year in 2005 with a cool music video that made him the dude for the summer in Egypt and beyond.

See the music video that launched his career below. I was in Cairo that summer, trapped in a hotel room on my way back to the US, waiting for my visa and this music clip was there to entertain me. I remember liking the dude and his style.

Ever since he has been working to reclaim his spots, one music videos at the time. Word on the street he is working on his third album where he is producing it without the help of Good News For Music, the company that Hatem has a contract with, but the contract was terminated. fun fact, his album producer is only 19 years old of age--the youngest music producer in Arabia.

I am looking forward to this album, for change I would like to listen to an album of an artist who has lost everything and want to make a comeback. Those tend to be really hot albums if not oversold to the fans.

Hatem Fahmy - Kan El Kalam / حاتم فهمى - كان الكلام


Hatem Fahmy - Matkhafsh 3alaya

0 comments:

Post a Comment