Monday, December 6, 2010

For and From Lebanon, Richii Comes Swinging


I do not know, but it seems that there is either a shortage of ideas in Lebanon's music scene or a dire need for money. Richii, a Lebanese rapper and dancer has an interesting music video out...I think it's more of a dance video as not much music or lyrics are heard. A skinny dude dressed in 80s rappers outfits is not hot anymore and it's worse when you sort of do not have a fun concept to exploit.

I think Richii goet some nice dance moves, and I think it's nice to pay homage to his beloved country Lebanon, I just do not think this is a song. I like the style of this video, the dark concept, black and white coloring is retro right now. The rain and the DJ affects are sweet, but Richii, sorry I do not think of a tall and skinny rapper dressed in GUCCI as a serious singer. His English is weak and his rapping in English is even weaker. Having said that, I did enjoy the last few seconds of the dance video. Perhaps Richii can jump-start his dance career by working with other cool musicians who want some hip factors.

Per his facebook "RICHII (ريتشى) is a young Lebanese-Australian singer, songwriter and music producer. He's working on an album with manager Hadii Sharara that features the award-winning #1 song 'Dayeb Wehyatik', 'Ana Lubnaniyyoun', 'Valentine' & 'Eternity'."

Richii - Ana Lubnaneyoun / ريتشي - انا لبناني


2 comments:

  1. Richii is cool and awesome
    his songs r the best
    and he rulzzzzzzz 4 lyf

    ReplyDelete
  2. hes sexy and he knows it

    ReplyDelete