Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Always Magical Dala Band


Honey in my tea, and sugar in his coffee goes the song by the Juno nominated folk band Dala

Juno nominees and winners of the 2010 Canadian Folk Music Award for Vocal Group of the Year, Amanda Walther and Sheila Carabine of Dala write and sing in harmony best described as angelic.   They are something a little different, the big time gear shift like the bridge section of I Am The Walrus or maybe the overall vibe and feel of the song. I am also a sucker for instrument harmonies usually on the more subtle side, but sometimes the more heavy handed ones work too. Mix all of that with some catch factor and you're in good shape in my books.

Dala offers something different for each of their listeners, we take away different things. Although, like I said, it's hard to describe. Their Girls From North Country I really love. Sometimes they're really simple. It all just depends. I know for sure, that their songs are the type I can actually relate to it, not to mention listen to it without my ears bleeding to be blunt. Their semi-catchy beat, so I'm actually paying attention, with Dala that comes in naturally. Overall, a good song is just one that I listen to and want to get stuck in my head.

Nothing beats the friendship formed during the formative years of high school. These two best friends met in their high school music class in 2002; they have since released five albums and toured extensively across North America. Darlings of the Canadian music scene, Dala are now poised to bring their fresh brand of acoustic pop music to the world.

They are touring the States at the moment. Bringing their own orginal songs that reflect an influence from the likes The Beatles, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young and Bob Dylan, Dala write songs that are both catchy and insightful. Amanda’s ethereal soprano voice blends seamlessly with Sheila’s velvety alto, creating the lush harmonies that have become their trademark.

Dala’s latest album “Best Day” released in June of 2012.

Dala - Lennon and McCartney [Official Video]


Moon River


Dala Girls Lennon-McCartney 21 Oct 2011.AVI

0 comments:

Post a Comment