Sunday, January 20, 2013

WATCH: Hossam Kamel - Obama / حسام كامل - أوباما

This has to be one of the funniest songs I have seen. Hossam Kamel has a song about his Iraqi loved one, she left for America. This is a timely song as President Obama is being sworn in this week and this song has been titled with his name.

American asylum, passport, visa and such. Hossam Kamel is pleading with the American president to bring back his loved one. Hossam has that Iraqi look and his song is pretty dancey. It feels happy and heartbreaking all at once. I know tens of thousand Iraqis have landed in America hoping for a new beginning. I would need a visa and a ticket to board the airplane goes the song.

Rap is all over this track, and various American icons and outfits can be seen in this music video, they even gave us the American diner experience. And there is the American muscles car. I like this song, it feels like we have not seen something like this before. I love the attention to details. Tattoos and wall clocks look very familiar.

I am not sure what to make of those lollipops,

Hossam Kamel - Obama / حسام كامل - أوباما

0 comments:

Post a Comment