Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Story Of Tamer Ali, Egypt's Hottest Contemporary Composer


God knows I wanted to like Tamer Ali as a singer, he is a very talented composer whose music has made so many hits in Egyptian pop. I tend to give composers a shot, because I know they feel the music better than most performers. He seems to be among the top names in the music business, he keeps a busy schedule.

But then, I have found his voice to be lacking. While Tamer tends to sing only those songs he composes to big names, he had done few original songs. This time he picked a more successful song, the one by Amr Diab from his 2011 album. The original is here, it's part of singing over a contract for any giving melody, the composer reserves the right to perform the song in public.

I do not know, I do not think it's me, but I am failing to feel Tamer Ali, I feel he does not have that kind of deep voice, the varying element in a given voice which keeps the song interesting is missing. Now, he does sound sweet, and he does sound like he knows the song very well. But I think it's just his lips are singing not his heart, not his emotions and thus the energy is missing.

This Alexandria boy has made many singers famous, he is a big fan of Elissa and Asala. He started his journo when he learned to play the guitar from a friend of his. 2003 was his breakout year when he worked on three albums. But one of the songs he is most proud of is the song he wrote for Ramy Ayach (watch here)

Here's a list of most the artists Tamer Ali has collaborated with ELLISA SHERINE MOHAMED HAMAKI TAMER HOSNI ASALA AMR DIAB MERIAM FARES JANNAT LATIFA HOSSAM HABIB HAITHAM SHAKER ANGHAM RAMI SABRY RAGHEB ALAMA SAMO ZEIN FADL SHAKER MOHAMED ADAWEYA LOAY MAY SELIM NELLY MAKDESI TAMER SEIF SHAHINAZ SHAZA SHERIF MEKAWY MAY HARIRI KAREEM ABOUZEID LAILA GHOFRAN NADIM NOUR HAITHAM SA3ID ZEEZEE MOHANAD HATEM FAHMY IWAN BRIGET BAGHI ASMAA LEMNAWAR

I do not know many other composers who have this versatile profile, Tamer Ali takes whichever stars he wants to work with and gives them his time and dedication.

 اغنية تامر على - يوم ما اتقابلنا | Tamer Ali - Youm Mat'belna

0 comments:

Post a Comment